Bespoke One Day Mental Health Training for Teachers
by Dr Margot Sunderland (at your venue)
An audio-visual presentation with an option to progress onto 'Certificate in Trauma Informed Schools' training (12 weekend days)
We are all too aware that teachers are having to deal with an increasing number of children with mental health problems and often feel de-skilled and untrained to do so. So our one day trainings aim to demystify mental health and common diagnoses, and then to empower teachers and other child professionals to know how to relate to, and have meaningful conversations with children and teenagers who are suffering.
The following topics are covered on a training day:
- Mental Health demystified: what it’s essential to know and practical interventions
- Understanding the needs of children with mental health problems and vital responses
- The role of Mental Health Champions in schools and why they can change so much
- Life changing conversations with children with mental health problems
- Relational approaches to mental health problems in schools
- Risk assessment, knowing when to refer on, and effective interventions
- Case material
Certificate in Trauma Informed Schools - Practitioner Level
For interested delegates there is a progression on to the 12-day weekend training 'Certificate in Trauma Informed Schools - Practitioner Level' (run by our sister organisation 'The Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education'. For more information please contact us.